NWTF Auction Knives 2014

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oogaboogachiefwalkingdeer

Reaction score
Florida coral from Dave Sweatmon mounted on very old osage post tops. Got the boxes for them ready to go. One goes to Wellington KS Slate Creek Gobblers 2/22/14 and the other to Kaw Valley Chapter in Ponca City OK 3/2/14. If anybody wants to bid let me know and I will cover you. Mike Smyth

Blades are made of Coral that I chipped. Yes the are funtional and may last as long as 10 or 12 thousand yrs. They have dug some that were made then. You know in the stone age. If not for them and their tools we wouldn't be brewing anything today. Mike

Yeah,the Native Americans made them out of flint with bone handles,antler, etc. The closest thing to one I ever found was a stone-age multi-purpose tool. It could true arrow shafts,cut sinue,skin small animals & the like. Fire stones,arrowheads,etc. The fire stones are well used too. But a flint knife would be cool. I've seen pics of flint swords,but only ever found the chips from them. I remember a story once where the natives called them buffalo knives. Musta took guts to sneak up & pig-stick a grown bull. I saw a mounted head from one once that was as big as me!

Back