Texas NTX Beer Week -- Brewers Ball

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I work for one of the breweries attending. The last two years have been pretty cool. It's a mixed crowd, with some people in suits and some way more casual. In past years, I've met Mitch Steele (Stone @ the time), David Walker (Firestone), Dave Thibodeau (Ska), Yuseff Churney (Ballast Point - literally the day before the sellout was announced!)

They require that every participating brewery have an attending owner or brewmaster. They also ask that you pour one flagship and one rare/specialty beer. I think Utopias has been there the past two years... I know... I know..., but a lot still haven't tried it.

The restaurants also do a pretty good job putting up some top quality nosh. I've heard the intent was to emulate Savor, but since I have never attended that event (and don't work for the organizers), I can't say that was there intent or if it is, that they're hitting the mark.

Overall, it is definitely a step above the average beer festival if you want to actually evaluate beer and learn from those making it.

Hope that helps. Cheers!

Thanks for responding, I thought about it more and as much as I think it would be cool to see those brewers/owners $125 dollars is just a bit steep for me. I id rather get some new brewing equipment for that much.

Back