Nothing Brew Day?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OOC92

Reaction score
Alas...

1. Red Ale still working on the cond. tablets.
2. Belgian Whit still pumping in the primary...
3. Secondary waiting...

What on earth does one do on a day where you want to brew and just can't?

Anyone?

Drink a lot of HB? Which is what I will be doing tonight while I brew a mild. ^^^^^ hHAHAHAHAHA

Alas no homebrew to drink, I really must schedule my brewing better.

I realize secondary may not be necessary but we are just trying it out for a clear whit.

Do something good for your equip -- break down/deep clean your rig. Bleach/water soak your tubing. Throw out misc stuff you don't need. I find myself doing a spring cleaning/reorganizing of my rig a few times a year. Feels good, helps set up the next brew, doesn't cost a darn thing.

It would only be a matter of 4 days, but even after two weeks, primary still a steam boiler. BBgeek, great suggestion though.

I clean bottles on my down time. I have hundreds clean and ready for use, but there is always a shelf full of ones that need delabelled and cleaned!

OOC92 said:
Point noted, but alas, perhaps I should have added that funds are a bit low?

Can you at least come up with $10 for a fermenting bucket? Or maybe less for a food grade bucket at a restaurant supply store?

I realize secondary may not be necessary but we are just trying it out for a clear whit.

Wit is not a style that's meant to be clear. You can clarify it to an extent, but it's not going to be clear no matter what you do.

Anyway, sounds like you are too broke to afford a $12.00 bucket, so I guess you can't afford more ingredients for another batch anyway.

In that case, I vote that you sit on the couch and masterbate to the women (men?) on Telemundo. Wash, rinse, rest, repeat.

Loads of fun (if you do it right) and completely FREE. :ban::cross::ban:

Wit is not a style that's meant to be clear. You can clarify it to an extent, but it's not going to be clear no matter what you do.

Anyway, sounds like you are too broke to afford a $12.00 bucket, so I guess you can't afford more ingredients for another batch anyway.

In that case, I vote that you sit on the couch and masterbate to the women (men?) on Telemundo. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Loads of fun (if you do it right) and completely FREE. :ban::cross::ban:

Ahh yes ... the ole Gringo Sabado Gigante :D

Well as much as the Telemundo idea is tempting, I did pop a resurrection red ale, could not resist the temptation of opening after 8 days. While not cold, it foamed beautifully and dramatically, put cap back on and is chilling perhaps tonight I shall drink the whole thing.

Back