Not a road trip, but an adventure!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unionrdr

Homebrewer, author & air gun collector
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well, my son came to me this morning about lunch time with his fancy phone to show me a guardsman blue'04 40th anniversary Mustang GT. Leather, polished alloys, aftermarket headlights, etc, etc. Way better shape & 90,000 less miles or more. But down in Carol, OH in Fairfield county. About 20-30 miles south of Columbus. 3-4 hour ride. Got lost thanks to google maps being backwards yet again between rts 250, 162, 224, etc. Popped over a rise & a state trooper nailed us for speeding. But he did point us toward 71S finally. And he was coming out of a county road! WTF was he looking for out on those middle of the boonies roads? But wait, that's not it. We were on 71S going around Columbus when I handed him his phone because I couldn't do the finger slide, button slide button button thing to get bag to the google directions. He swerved toward the center wall at some 80mph. I yelled OH SHIIIII** at the same time he looked & yelled OH F***! He looped it to avoid the center wall, spun around 3 times, dropped it in second & pulled over on the center area thing. I was so proud that he apparently listened to my stories from racing, etc about looping it, turning a nose-out slide into a 4-wheel drift, etc. I was so proud I shook his hand when we stopped. So next weekend he could be driving that lil 40th anniversary addition home & ditching the 35th anniversary one. It wasn't a road trip, it was a friggin adventure. Just got back about half an hour ago. Got some vodka to go with my beer, needless to say. Even my son said y'all would get it, being guys rather than my wife's admonitions. :mug::rockin::rockin:

Well, our own version of adventure road wound up yesterday. My son was called that he'd gotten the loan for this beautiful '04 40th anniversary Mustang GT in guardsman blue too! So, once again, we made our way to Carrol, Ohio in Fairfield county. About 20M south of Columbus. A long ride from Sheffield up by the lake. Only this time, we took rt83 south to I71S, making the trip shorter & quicker than the first trip down by a few hours. We even had time to get gas & breakfast at McDonald's off US 33E. Got to Nice Auto Group right when he was just opening for the day's business, about 11AM. A couple hours later, we had the newer GT, but he wouldn't take the trade in & the Steel recycling/wrecking yard couldn't pick it up until today. Being a couple hundred miles away, we weren't inclined to return yet again. So he gave us the address & off we went to drop off the old GT. Got lost on I40 near Renoldsburg. Finally found the place & got $365 for the well-rusted underneath '99 GT. Adious. So by the time we made our way to I70 to I71N, it looked like it'd be too late to make the 5PM dead-line with my insurance agent to change insurance to the new car & my son's name besides. Intermittent hard rain & rooster tales all the way home. No snow at all. Just some small hail on I71 south going around Columbus around lunch time yesterday. Got the insurance done this morning with some big savings as they're my agent as well & he drives local. Got my computer back & set up with windows 7, as step up security-wise from Vista home premium. Costly week, but worth it. The part I can't get over is how everyone that sees the car gets a big smile on their face & a " wow! That's nice" on their lips. Black leather interior & guardsman blue with the alloy "bullit" style wheels looks cool. Gotta get some picks for my files...A good day all in all.:rockin:

Back