North Chicago gas vendor...Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MooMan

Reaction score
I recently moved from Denver to Chicago and am having a nightmare of a time finding a gas supplier to fill my two tanks (C02 & Nitro). Nothing about this was difficult in Denver, but apparently its not widely done in Chicago.

Can anyone provide a gas vendor they use? Or possibly, explain how they obtain gas for their systems.

Anything would help.

M

What size tanks do you have? The Brew and Grow stores do exchanges and are reasonably priced, at least the one in Roselle does. They have a couple Chicago stores. One on N. Kedzie. Look up Welding supply stores also. I use Terrace supply in Itasca because Brew and Grow doesn't exchange 10 gallon tanks, but I'm not sure if they are in Chicago.

I recently moved from Denver to Chicago and am having a nightmare of a time finding a gas supplier to fill my two tanks (C02 & Nitro). Nothing about this was difficult in Denver, but apparently its not widely done in Chicago.

Can anyone provide a gas vendor they use? Or possibly, explain how they obtain gas for their systems.

Anything would help.

M

Dude your hurting my feelings. Are you saying that Chicago will not provide? Are you saying that their are more home brewers in any other city in the US? That buy more crap than us??? NO sir,,, we buy the most crap. Probably,, well it could be true, I don't actually know any of these answers? But my point is we have everything you need here. NFC great place, Airgas (the guys like beer) to many others to list. If you want to give the major cross streets I can get a place for gas. The guys at NFC charge to fill 20lbs is 25 bucks flat (cash) Air-gas is a little more. The NFC guys let me bring my dog in so I go there. If your into group buys, we rock a big one 2 or 3 times a year.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I was able to find a small family run operation in Skokie who would fill my tanks. I wasn't too keen on the idea of doing an exchange program (the guys at Air gas were making me buy the tanks outright first, which would have been a $250 investment when I already owned tanks). Maybe the guy at airbags was trying to make a sale when he said nobody in Chicago will fill my tank.

Anyway, here is the place I went, http://www.citywelding.com

M

Back