Noob from Raleigh

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dendron8

Reaction score
Hi all,

Ive been on the boards here for a couple of months posting questions in the beginners forum (everyone is very helpful btw) and figured I should officially introduce myself.

I have lived in Raleigh for 16+ years (moved here from Chicago). Married, two kids. My brew/bottle days are google-calendar scheduled months in advance as my wife is a planner :)

I started this summer and have brewed a German wheat (airlock blew but still tasted ok), a sweet stout (airlock fell off, infected), a pumpkin vodka ale (shouldnt have squeezed the bag), a black ipa (very tasty), a kahlua stout (still venting - too much kahlua but tastes good), a bourbon brown ale (conditioning) and a christmas ale (fermenting). I am thinking about making a habanero and/or carolina reaper ipa next.

I was given a starter kit; I recently upgraded and got an Anvil burner and a copper wort chiller. all batches (other than the first one - all extract) have been extract with steeping grains. I have done one full boil, but i have not started doing all grain or biab yet.

I would love to connect with any local brewers, are there any clubs or meetings in the Triangle area? :tank:

Phil

Welcome!

I was through the Raleigh-Durham area on business a few years ago and spent some time belly up to the bar at Crank Arm Brewery. Fond memories of the beer scene out there.

Back