Noob cider bottling question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTMike33

Reaction score
This is my first year doing cider and I'm trying several different ways. I'd like to back sweeten one batch and carbonate it, while also bottling it. I've done a little reading on counter pressure bottling from a corny and mostly understand it. My question is...... Can I force carb the cider in a corny and then bottle it with out using a counter pressure setup?

This is a good video on how to do it but if you back sweeten and force carb and then bottle, once the bottle warms up it could blow as the yeast get more active and eats the sugars. If you plan on bottling, keeping it in the fridge and then drinking fairly shortly, you should be fine [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuG9NvFkQI4[/ame]

I use a beer gun. Not counter pressure. Feeds the cider slower under low pressure.

thanx for the vid, that did clear some things up.

Mark, is there a noticeable loss of carbonation with the gun? I was thinking of making something just like it.

thanx for the vid, that did clear some things up.

Mark, is there a noticeable loss of carbonation with the gun? I was thinking of making something just like it.

I've never use a counter pressure so I can't compare. It seems fizzy enough. I only get an inch foam out of the neck, at the most. Not like filling a solo cup off a keg.

Back