Noirot Gone. Best Hazelnut Extract?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atkinsr

Reaction score
We are huge fans of longshot hazelnut brown ale. I've done a few clone recipes and have it just about tweaked to my liking.

I just ordered enough of everything to do 3 10 gallon batches. Well, ordered everything except the Hazelnut extract.

It seems Noirot is either no longer being imported... they may even be out of business.

I've tried the liquid shot (I think that's the name) and wasn't too happy with it. I've researched some other brands online:
Top Shelf
Flavorganics
Faeries Finest
Watkins

I'm sure there are others. Do y'all have a favorite? Can you tell me which one is closest to the Noirot? (I realize these may be two different things)

I'm salivating just thinking about the next batch, but don't want to brew until I get the extract in hand.

Help keep a fellow beer lover from going through favorite-beer-withdrawal. Please?

I read a favorable post about Watkins Hazelnut somewhere. Ive never used it though. I have used Watkins Vanilla and it was just OK.

Hope that helps, better than no responses at least!

Back