No Homebrew....Who is you supplier?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NTXBrauer

Reaction score
Where do you go when you are out of your favorite home brewed IPA or Belgian Tripple?

I have found that World Market has the largest most representative selection from the major brewing regions. I can spend some time here just looking over the selection. If I brewed more, I would not have this problem. :)

World Market is great. Central Market too. Specs. Kroger has been sucking lately.

There's a thread in the Texas forum with local suggestions.

And though they contract it out, I like BJ's beer.

World Market for sure but oddly, whole foods has a great selection as well.

Whole foods if you have one in your area. By far the best selection and really good prices

Strangely enough, the local grocery store (Jewel Osco) is the first place I check. They have a "build your own" section, and once in a while there are some real winners in there. Dogfish Head 90 Minute and Stone Levitation made one awesome $10 six pack.

Whole Foods in Dallas rocks. Mr. G's and S&K in Plano are both awesome.

Oh, and Craft and Growler down in Fair Park. You MUST check them out. Epic.

The Four Firkins in St. Louis Park, MN. They have an amazing selection of beers and their staff is top notch. I've gone in there looking for a style of beer without really knowing what the good options were, and they helped me put together a nice looking six pack.

They also have regular beer tastings and classes. It's a fun way to learn or try something new. Also, just down the road is the Steel Toe Brewery tap room, where you will find some pretty awesome local brews.

World Market is great. Central Market too. Specs. Kroger has been sucking lately.

There's a thread in the Texas forum with local suggestions.

And though they contract it out, I like BJ's beer.

Yes..Central Market has a refrigerated beer selection second to none. Unfortunately, I don't have one close by. May be a good thing. :)

I thought you lived in Dallas?

I am Northwest of downtown. World Market in Denton is closer to me than either of the 2 Central Markets.

I will have to check our Mr Gs and S&K next time I am in Plano. I had not heard of either. Thanks.

Humperdinks on Northwest Highway sells growlers of their own beers and I hear that Lone Star Beverages in Carrolton has a good selection, though I've never been there.

I guess I'm lucky. Our local chain of grocery stores (Hy-Vee) has a HUGE selection of local and craft beers. And then my LHBS has over 600 different kinds of beers :rockin:

There are 3-4 liquor, wine and beer stores that specialize in harder to find options that I try to go to first. The 2 local supermarkets the swmbo shops have the usual craft brews and 2-3 local breweries.

dfc said:
If you have a Total Wine & More in your area check them out. Best selection and prices I've seen anywhere.

I'm pretty pumped to hear this. I just learned that there is a total wine and more opening up a few miles from me. This will be their first store in MN and it should be open by the end of the year.

I am lucky to live in TX, the heb stores have a huge craft beer selection. Also there are 2 craft breweries within 15 miles of me, with tasting rooms....Yum

Giant Eagle up on the corner from me (RTS 301 & 254) has a good selection,including local breweries. They also carry the annual specials that craft breweries put out. They even carry lambics & such. I see Duvals little bottles there too,but pricey on that one. And they just seem to keep adding them...like they acctually listen to our suggestions. It's easier for me,since I have 2 sons working there. My older boy turns me on to the lastest/greatest as well. It's good to have a dept manager for a son. I gotta get up to Cedar Center whole foods kinda place. It's up around University Circle in Cleveland off I90 east. Go down Martin Luther King Parkway to get to the UC area. They even have some brewing supplies & growler fills too. Bundy's Beverage up across rt254 always seems to get bigfoot first around here. They have a decent selection too. But Giant Eagle def beets them. The drive through across from LCCC has some of the different offerings from Sam Adams & the like. Need to explore them further. It seems like everyone around here that carries craft beers has something a little different just in case...

Giant Eagle up on the corner from me (RTS 301 & 254) has a good selection,including local breweries. They also carry the annual specials that craft breweries put out. They even carry lambics & such. I see Duvals little bottles there too,but pricey on that one. And they just seem to keep adding them...like they acctually listen to our suggestions. It's easier for me,since I have 2 sons working there. My older boy turns me on to the lastest/greatest as well. It's good to have a dept manager for a son. I gotta get up to Cedar Center whole foods kinda place. It's up around University Circle in Cleveland off I90 east. Go down Martin Luther King Parkway to get to the UC area. They even have some brewing supplies & growler fills too. Bundy's Beverage up across rt254 always seems to get bigfoot first around here. They have a decent selection too. But Giant Eagle def beets them. The drive through across from LCCC has some of the different offerings from Sam Adams & the like. Need to explore them further. It seems like everyone around here that carries craft beers has something a little different just in case...

You definitely have quite a selection of places to choose from close by for your craft brew picking. (And having 2 sons working at one of them is definitely beneficial to keeping on top of the lastest and greatest out there) :mug:

Humperdinks on Northwest Highway sells growlers of their own beers and I hear that Lone Star Beverages in Carrolton has a good selection, though I've never been there.

Lonestar has a great selection. They do free tastings on Friday evenings too, which is nice.

You definitely have quite a selection of places to choose from close by for your craft brew picking. (And having 2 sons working at one of them is definitely beneficial to keeping on top of the lastest and greatest out there) :mug:

Yeah...so many brews,so little time...:tank:

I recently found another go-to when the home brew supply is running low... Midway Mart on the corner of Hickory and Carroll in Denton, TX. It is a convenience store, that is stocked 90% with beer (the other 10% wine) :mug:. It is just a couple blocks off the square, and a great selection that will take some time to sift through.

There is a discount beverage place in Winooski VT, that just so happens to be across the parking lot from Vermont HomeBrew Supply. Excellent way to spend an entire afternoon to say the least. They get a lot of beers from all over the place.

Latest posts

Back