no experience no problem?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

explosivo

Reaction score
has anyone just jumped into 5-10 gallon e-biab with no experience or maybe a couple of 1 gallon batches under their belt?

I'm thinking of doing it, just with possibly 2-4 1 gallon batches of experience

brewing can be as simple or hard as you want it to be if your just gonna brew beer with a biab bag method and not stress every move you make its cake and it should be fine. brewing beer isnt hard till you micro manage every move of beer making and thats is fine you just might want to have some more experance before doing so.

Yep. I started out home brewing on a two tier RIMS and fly sparged for my first batch. I will admit I did a lot of things wrong but I still made a somewhat palatable beer. Since we arent brewing beer to pay the bills if you make a mistake chalk it up as a lesson learned and brew on.

Go for it! My brew partner and I jumped in with a 5 gallon BIAB partial mash that turned out great. Mistakes were made then and every time since, but we still enjoy it and still make very drinkable (or better) beer. We did our first batch after watching some YouTube videos and reading A LOT of threads on this site.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

thanks everyone! i have been watching plenty of youtube videos, reading a bunch of threads here plus plenty of blogs. been hesitant in taking the plunge. i just gotta do it.

I started with a Mr Beer Kit then moved onto a 5 gallon extract batch using DME. After that, I went right to all grain. So far all of my beer has been good, with the exception of the Mr Beer Kit, but that was to be expected. Sounds like you've done your research so I'm sure you'll do just fine.

Back