NHC 2018: Who's entering, results, etc.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chicago mead judges were the worst I have ever encountered. And this is not just my opinion......it has been echoed by several great entrants. The feedback was poor, the tasting notes were way off, and the results were inconsistent. NHBC is my last home maker comp as I am now licensed. Of the four meads I entered, one made it to Portland, and it was certainly not the better of the meads I entered......in fact, I entered it for feedback entirely expecting to not advance. On the other hand, My double 49 1st place MCI win this year didn't even break 30 and the judges notes were laughable. It was very disappointing and unfortunate. It's the only time I have ever entered a comp and considered emailing the judges afterwords and ask them if they were drunk:)

FWIW: I am a BJCP mead judge.

No luck for me this year. Another guy in my club was in for German Wheat and Rye beers and the gold medal winner has the same first name as him, so was a bit of a tease when they announced that.

Back