New to the hobby, obviously...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandpunk

Reaction score
Hello folks! My name is Andy. I'm a cullinary student who decided to go back to college in his late twenties. I currently live in the deep south (Mississippi), but I'll be moving in the vaguely near future. I got an itch to try my hand at soda making over the summer and decided to give it a shot. I have a number of other interests including art, storytelling, writing, music, table top role playing games, and podcasting, but food is my passion.

I have crafted a few batches of soda (and am currently aging 1 wine).
A close friend of mine is looking to get into mead, so we may be doing some exchanges in the future.

Flavors I have made thus far are:
1. Strawberry & Basil (dubbed Madcap)
2. Watermelon & Mint
3. Scuppernong
4. Ginger ale & Jalapeno (currently carbonating I will report when I crack it open tomorrow)

and the wine, which is in its secondary fermentation, is Muscadine.

Edit: Follow up on the ginger ale. The heat that was upfront and punchy at the syrup stage has faded into the background as a pleasant warmth in the throat, an dit needs more lemon.

Nice, I like the Muscaidne. I'm in your neighboring state btw.

What kind of music are you into? I play guitar and some piano.

Do you currently have a podcast? Have you seen/heard any of the brewing podcast such as Basic Brewing Radio. More geared toward beer but still a lot of good info there.

Welcome to the forum and the hobby.

Coolie.
My musical tastes are pretty eclectic, I can listen to almost anything (dubstep and house being the exceptions).
I have a couple of episodes of one recorded. We're The Game Mechanics on facebook. I'm working on getting us set up better. I did one episode of Fear The Boot, and one of Kicked in the Dice Bags. I listen to Mikey Mason's Beer Powered Time Machine, and before that to The Good Beer Show. I need to take in more though.
Thankee!

Back