New to me Beverage Air BM23

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian77095

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Just picked up this kegerator! I have to replace the evaporator fan, evaporator drip tray and I am thinking of replacing the rusty screws at the bottom. Anything else I should replace since I have it open? Also could I clean the evaporator coils? They seem to be pretty dirty from the rust.

Can't wait to get this thing up and running!

BM23.jpg

Insides.jpg

dripPan.jpg

BottomFloor.jpg

I replaced the screws with stainless screws back when I had a BM23. May also want to replace the beer line. I put extra insulation in the tower, and used that gray foam pipe insulation. It's a great unit. Cheers!

Thanks Dave!

Yeah I am replacing all the beer line. I also want to replace the evap drip line but, not sure how hard that will be...

You'll be well pleased with the BM23. I had two, sold one and still have the other that is over 20 years old. Still keeps beer icy cold poolside.

I like BevAir so much that I also bought a DD48 that has a huge custom T style tap tower and holds 8 corny kegs inside along with a 20# gas tank.

If you ever have problems, you can call BevAir direct and they can suggest a parts house near you that carries commonly replaced items. The folks there are really helpful and just one more reason I am a BevAir fan.

Yes I am very excited to get this thing up and running. It can hold for kegs. Trying to decide if I want three taps with room to lager a fourth keg or if I want four taps. Right now I am leaning to three.

Back