New to Forum

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blind Faith Brewing

Reaction score
Just wanted to drop a line and say thanks to the posters on this board. I started brewing in AK and now started up again in UT. Been reading these great posts for about a couple months now and find a infinate amount of knowledge and experience within them. Thanks again

yeah, i was trying to fund that thread, too, because I was looking up various state's laws last week and I think you are correct that it IS illegal in Utah.

-walker

brewing illegal in Utah

this isn't the thread that I was originally looking for, but worth reading.

The one I was searching for had a link to a different website where you could look up the laws on a state-by-state basis.

-walker

Yeah, This issue was news worthy (at least in Utah) about a month ago. Apparently the city of South Salt Lake wanted to make HB illegal and brought all this to the forefront. Right now its state law that you must have a licence to HB however they don't ever issue any. The law doesn't enforce it but it is on the books. Utah might have silly laws but it has great weather to enjoy HB (yours and others)

Wow, I just read the post of Walker and I pretty much quoted the article in it. Sorry Walker, always jumping the gun.

Welcome. I too have enjoyed this forum. I am somewhat concerned that homebrewing is illegal in Utah. Oh well, I would do it anyway because I believe that homebrew is highly superior to that you buy. Just be careful!! Do not become an example in your new state. It is hard to imagine that this hobby which I enjoy so much is illegal somewhere!!!

Latest posts

Back