New to Area( Oak Harbor,WA) looking for fellow home brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan_Irish

Reaction score
Greetings, I am an avid and passionate home brewer and I have just moved to Oak Harbor from San Diego. I am looking for some fellow brewers to collab with and also get into the local scene with. Any body out there from around here?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

You might ask over in the Washington Forum.

See if you can figure out what is going on with the new malting plant over in Burlington when you have some time to kill off the island, perhaps you can brew a batch with local grain.

Have you found the homebrew store yet? The guys that run it also run the local club, Whidbey Island Zymurgy Association (WIZA). It's in the business complex near the corner of Goldie and Ault Field road. There are a ton of homebrewers in OH, and the club is pretty active. Welcome!

Awesome, I'll cruise by there this weekend. Just received all my household goods and my brew gear so I definitely want to brew soon. So far I am loving Oak Harbor.

I love the PNW. As a beer enthusiast, I think you're gonna be happy. Make sure you get to Whidbey Beer Works for a great specialty beer selection. A lot of people love Flyers, the local brewpub. Their porter and amber are pretty good, but I find the rest of their beers are kinda meh. Rockfish in Anacortes is excellent, and they brew all kinds of beer there. Skagit River brewery in Mt Vernon is decent, and so is North Sound Brewery. I vaguely remember an excellent imperial stout from them, but that night was kinda hazy. I'd hit you up myself, but I'm deployed til July.

Thanks for the heads up Eighty2Fifty1 I truly appreciate it. I will have a good brew waiting for you upon your return, I just got back from deployment in February so I know how it is. Keep your head up and I look forward to meeting you when you get back. Maybe a brew day in our future.

Back