new rat from Toledo, Oh

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ameadrat

Reaction score
made my first batch in1972 it was terrible. Fell in lust of a woman who wanted me sober. About 10 years ago started making wine, went to the local supply house and they were all making the same beer. got suck into whole grain brewing from the start. make about 150-200 bottles of wine from grapes shipped in from the west coast and about 8 car boys of beer mainly scottish and stouts and porters. Used to make mead so some of the locals took to calling mead. Also buy 2-5 pails of wort from home wine supply in dundee mi.

ameadrat

grandfather born in montana, I'm just a poor toledo rat brewing from 3 pots and a 40 qt picknick cooler. If your stationed in scotland, probably Navy sub base, find the Traquar house ale brewry. No excuse for not getting first hand info. Scottish ales rule(at least in my cellar). And I like big beers

ameadrat said:
made my first batch in1972 it was terrible....
That was pre (1978) Jimmy Carter repeal of the homebrew prohibition act. You were in violation of the law and I order you to send me all of your wine, beer and mead and any associated equipment, recipe notes and raw materials you have in your possession.

If you do this immediately, I'll recommend the judge goes easy on you. :D

You can have the crap I made in 72 but I only swap now. But yes I did make my first batch in 1972. one bad beer one drinkablE (ALMOST) WINE. i took my last bottle to a party in august of 1974 got drunk enough that I met an married my exwife in January of 1975. Drunks like that are hard to forget. the store is still in Dundee, Mi(damn i swore again) most good buckeye fans won't admit to going norh of the border. but the third and fourth generations are now running the store.

Back