New member from Phoenix

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powerfreak

Reaction score
Hi all... actually been lurking for over a month, figured I should introduce myself.

I'm Sean and I'm on my third batch of homebrew, a Watermelon Kolch. Not sure it's a good pairing, but it's mine and I'll drink it. :D It's on day six of fermentation now, still burping about every 20 seconds, so I think I'll wait a few more days before racking to the secondary.

Batch #2 is finally ready, a Nut Brown that has a touch of chocolate and hazelnut. Initial samples are good, a bit over carbonated maybe, but still good.

Batch #1 is almost gone. It was done with my buddy Paul and he created a monster. Dubbed the JenKort Oatmeal Maple Stout. 12 oz of Maple... not enough... 25 baby! Octane boost! Lol... it came out very good, hints of licorice (which I think came from the oatmeal) and light maple. Wish it had a stronger maple note, so any advice would be appreciated there. Perhaps a flavoring extract in the secondary or at bottling?

I also noted on the Nut Brown that I have more yeasty sediment that the Oatmeal. Not a whole lot, but there is some. Is that from too much priming sugar or should I have let it sit longer before bottling?

NF... extract right now, but I've already gotten the bug to go all-grain. Thinking I may do a partial mash for the next couple and graduate on. :rockin:

DT... thanks! :D

look into ASH, maybe I will see you at a meeting! Brewers Connection is hosting the Big Brew 2010 on the first, stop by and brew or just hang out and watch!

abeeraday... I'm also in Gilbert. We'll have to exchange beers sometime soon.

azscoob... I think I ran into a guy up at Total Wine telling me I should check out ASH too. What is this Big Brew 2010?

BTW, I love the GrainReaper Brewing logo; think I might have to get a shirt.

Latest posts

Back