New kegerator...thoughts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skeezerpleezer

Reaction score
So after spending Saturday bottling beer, then all day yesterday drinking homebrew, checking the local Home Depot/Best Buy/Lowes, and researching the forums for DIY kegerators, I decided to do the either the 4912 or Frigidaire setup. The plan was to start gathering components this week until....I checked Craigslist this a.m. and saw the below pictured Danby kegerator.

Vs1A7txh.jpeg

WOLoRuKc.jpeg

It does have a 5# tank and a dual gauge regulator, but there are a few mods I will need to do like set it up to accomodate more kegs. Will 2 or 3 5g cornys fit in this? It has the CO2 cart on the back of it. Oh yeah, I got it for $200. I thought that was a good deal, what do you guys/gals think?

Nice catch! Cornys are about 9" across. Got a few 9" paper plates? Set them inside and see how many will fit. When I bought my freezer, I used pie tins that were the exact same size as my kegs.

I have the same danby too. Came with the same tap handle as well, even though it was a little tore up. Anyone know if they all came with that bud handle? It has some quirks but I'm pretty happy with my second hand rator.

by quick measurement I think 2 5g and maybe a 3g will fit. I was hoping for 3 5g. Anyone modified one that make that work?

looks like if you took out that bottom shelf and routed the co2 tank in from the outside you may be able to squeeze 3 in. definitely measure to be sure but thats my visual guesstimate

I just bought 2 ball lock cornys and found there is room for another without any modifications. There is a CO2 mount on the back (outside) that I'll have to use. I guess I need to go get another keg and get to work brewing some beer now.

The first keg is going to be a wheat IPA.

Back