New Keezer Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cpferris

Reaction score
Was wondering if you guys could help me with some configurations on my new keezer. It's a new Kenmore 24.6cf using a johnson a419 controller. I currently have the johnson set with:

SP=37
SF=1
OFS=0
ASF=1
DIF=3

I have the probe wrapped in ziploc bag, then submerged in a 12oz bottle of water in a gatorade bottle through a small hole i drilled in the cap. This bottle sits near the center back of the keezer.

Over on the compressor hump, I have a pint glass of water with a digital thermometer. What I have noticed is that the coldest it gets is about 39F and the warmest it gets is around 42.5F. That is from reading the thermometer in the open pint glass of water. Based on the Johnson settings, I am thinking i should always be between 37 and 40. The compressor doesn't kick on excessively, but I am just trying to assess which temp is correct. I have kegs on the keezer but have not tapped them yet. Is my best bet to just draw a pint a check them temp there?

Or does someone see a flaw in the way I am monitoring? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, what suggestions do you guys have for moisture control? Is a fan enough? I bought an Eva-Dry E500 off of amazon after reading that some people had good luck with those. But even with that I am starting to see some moisture sitting in the edges of the unit. I wants to figure out how to solve that problem the right way.

Appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Thanks,
Chad

Latest posts

Back