New Keezer Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nosnum08

Reaction score
Thanks to all of the different keezer builds on these forums I started my Keezer build yesterday...I will post pictures as the build progresses!

Attachments

• IMG-0528.JPG
    IMG-0528.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 638
  • IMG-0532.JPG
    IMG-0532.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 641
  • IMG-0535.JPG
    IMG-0535.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 640
  • IMG-0542.JPG
    IMG-0542.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 630
  • IMG-0543.JPG
    IMG-0543.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 631
9454BF8C-06C4-4EAD-BBED-B4DAF1A516D9.jpeg
E0B5BA8F-9C53-4A4E-BCDD-41E3BCCBB939.jpeg
EBC09BEE-533A-4ED5-909E-88B7B7F128DA.jpeg
My woodworking buddy stained and clear coated it today. All that is left is drilling some holes for the freezer hinges, secondary regulator and small ac fan and we should be ready to pour beer!

That's a beauty, I have those same secondary regulators, much easier to attach when you have a sleeve. I currently have them mounted on a pice of plywood slipped inside collecting mildew.
the woodwork/design is the best I have seen for a sleeve model.
Outstanding

what kind of wood is this for the outer collar? Stain kind? Thanks!

Collar is 3/4" Cherry plywood that was doubled up (wider on the outside to go over the front and sides of the freezer for stability). Stain was chestnut. Let me know if you have any other questions! I owe many pay it forwards!

Last edited:
How are you running the on tap screen?

I have a flat screen computer screen monitor sitting idle and trying to figure out a way to use it for this purpose.

How are you running the on tap screen?

I have a flat screen computer screen monitor sitting idle and trying to figure out a way to use it for this purpose.

I’m using taplist.io:

https://taplist.io

Free and super easy to use. I bought an Amazon Fire Stick so I could get the app. Given that it’s getting close to prime day I’m assuming you can get a great deal on one of those soon.

What did you use to attach the exterior piece to the interior piece of the collar? I'm about to build one and I was going to use bolts but I think I like the look without them better. I'm assuming some kind of wood glue but I'm a total wood working novice.

What did you use to attach the exterior piece to the interior piece of the collar? I'm about to build one and I was going to use bolts but I think I like the look without them better. I'm assuming some kind of wood glue but I'm a total wood working novice.

We used a combination of wood glue and staples. You can see in the original pictures posted that we strapped the entire collar together once the collar was put together in order to let everything dry.

We used the same glue / staple approach to attached the drip tray to the collar as well which worked out and I think looks great as well.

Last edited:
Update. I got some pictures hung and swapped out the old tv for a Samsung tablet I had laying around to show the tap list.

The pictures are behind the keezer are parents related to brewing. From left to right: “Brewing Beer and Ale”, “The Beer Mug”, and “The Beer-Cooler”.
IMG_1482.JPG
IMG_1483.JPG
IMG_1484.JPG
IMG_1485.JPG

Looks great, nice work. Your craftsmanship skills are superior to mine. Mine is perfectly functional but nowhere near as sexy. I’ve also been looking at taplist.io, one of these days I may set that up.

Back