New guy from MI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all, my wife and I just got a kit from our good friends for our wedding, and I'm looking forward to getting started. I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions along the way, so I'll be doing a lot of reading and hope to make some contributions to the forum as well. Thanks in advance!

Welcome fellow Michibrewer! I spent a decent amount of time in Saginaw growing up.

We also have a subforum on here, the Michigan Mashers, where we discuss state specific brewing stuff, connect for meets and group brews, and do a bulk grain buy twice a year.

Hey everyone! My story is similar to the op, except for the wife and friends getting me a kit, so I guess not really similar at all, but I just got a kit from northern brewers and I'm going to attempt my first brew on Sunday. So many questions! Anyway, thanks for the great site.

welcome Mechanical and Mchigone

Michigone...be sure to check out Adventures In Homebrewing, they have stores in Ann Arbor and Taylor, very very good local homebrew store!

Welcome to the obsession! Mechanical, you may also want to check out the Cass River Homebrewing Club. They're based in Frankenmuth. Nice group.

Welcome to the forums, Im right in your backyard (Bay City). If you need any help with anything let me know.

Welcome! I'm still a noob on here myself......I never really introduced my self to all the Michiganites.

Hello from Pontiac Underground Brewery (PUB) aka Tommy B

welcome Mechanical and Mchigone

Michigone...be sure to check out Adventures In Homebrewing, they have stores in Ann Arbor and Taylor, very very good local homebrew store!

Thanks for the advice jeffencourt. I was at the their new Ann Arbor location today talking to them all about mash tuns and chillers. Holy cow, I wanted to buy it all! Sadly, I have to make most of my equipment myself on account of the fact that I'm a broke college student. But that might be half the fun anyway, oh yeah, and maybe getting to drink some fantastic homebrew.

Thanks for the advice jeffencourt. I was at the their new Ann Arbor location today talking to them all about mash tuns and chillers. Holy cow, I wanted to buy it all! Sadly, I have to make most of my equipment myself on account of the fact that I'm a broke college student. But that might be half the fun anyway, oh yeah, and maybe getting to drink some fantastic homebrew.

You can make some great beer with just a bucket and some extracts. Just like any other hobby, buying the other stuff just makes it fun. Mash tuns are pretty easy to make on the cheap, so dont ever buy one pre-made.

mlyday is right, i've made some fantastic extract beer before making the jump to all grain, and hell i still make extract beers when i know i dont have all day and just wanna whip something up quick.

Latest posts

Back