New guy from IL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeavyBrew

Reaction score
Whats up guys. I joined this forum after looking for advice and more info on AG brewing. I ran across DeathBrewer and his tutorials and was really impressed, as I see alot of people are with his methods. Thank you DeathBrewer. I'm gonna start up my first AG batch soon and wanted to get on here to start makin some friends since I found myself comin to this forum quite a few times this week.

One thing that I do different than most guys is I brew inside with a Masterbuilt Electric Turkey fryer. It has a digital heating element and is removable from the 28qt aluminum pot. I've done all my extract brews in it and most have turned out great. I'm able to do 6 gal boils on the counter top no prob. I'm excited to show you guys how it works and how great it is at holding temp. It also has a built in spigot at the bottom. Since I haven't done any partial or all grain batches I'm very excited to try this thing out.

Thanks for checking me out! :rockin:

Haha I see youre from Salem..I live in Fox Lake, IL. Not very far at all..

Welcome from Chicago. That's very cool on the fryer, I'm actually looking for a larger container to bulk age in, it didn't occur to me to use something like that!

Welcome from Chicago. That's very cool on the fryer, I'm actually looking for a larger container to bulk age in, it didn't occur to me to use something like that!

Thanks man, yeah it's a different method but it's nice being able to boil a full batch inside. I'll be doin my first AG batch using the biab method this week. :mug:

I'm impressed with all the welcomes! I know I'm going to enjoy this forum very much.

Back