New from Chicago

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Securitized

Reaction score
Hi, I am pretty new to brewing and living in Chicago. I like good beer and some friends got me into it! Just started my first batch! A Brewers Best Amber Ale kit.

:mug:

Cheers!

Welcome from Clarendon Hills. (Western Burbs) There are a few HB clubs around.. Urban Knaves, Brixies, Chicago Beer Society etc...

How about the weather eh?

Did you add anything extra to the amber kit, or strictly by the book? I just made a BB amber as well, and threw in some honey malt and apricot puree in the secondary.

Welcome from Clarendon Hills. (Western Burbs) There are a few HB clubs around.. Urban Knaves, Brixies, Chicago Beer Society etc...

How about the weather eh?

Awesome! Im on the laptop on my patio, waiting for that 1pm mark. Ive a got a summer Saison thats just about ready to be enjoyed!:tank:

Good for some.. I am in the office looking out the window thinking of being on the deck... (Just ordered some ingredients for Monday's Brewday! To take place on said deck..)

Thanks for the welcomes! I will have to find out more about what HBT clubs are around! I just made the kit exactly as laid out. I am having some issues trying to keep it cool in this weather in my condo though. It’s still in the primary in what my friends called a “swamp cooler”.

How about them' cubs... :eek:

Quick question -

Has anyone else tried this yet?

www.cool-brewing.com

I am pretty new to brewing and this looks handy. I just made my first batch with a swamp cooler and it was a PITA keeping cool. I think I am going to try one of these out but wanted to see if anyone else had any results?

Thanks!

Back