New from Buffalo, NY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bosspressure

Reaction score
Hello fellow Home Brewers. This weekend I will be brewing my first homebrew, the Cinicinnati Pale Ale recipe from the "How To Brew" book. I went to my local home brewing store and got my ingredients, so I'm all set.

I love this site, but the amount of information is a bit overwhelming. I'm going to try to not read too much yet, and ease into it. I can't wait to share my experiences with everyone!:mug:

Cheers!

Enjoy! There are a few things to increase the chances of success:

- sanitize everything
- primary for 3-4 weeks
- patience
- enjoy

B

Welcome. This is a great place for info, but you are correct that it can be a bit overwhelming at times. Niagara Tradition is a great HB store, and don't ever hesitate to ask them questions (when they are available). I miss that store a great deal, and often think of it fondly. Sign up for the mailing list and take some brews to a future tasting they have once a month. Enjoy the addiction!

Good luck. NT is a great place to go to for information and questions. Seek out Bert or his mom Becky. They're awesome to deal with.

I use to live in Tonowanda about ten years ago. I got started into homebrewing and bought my first equipment kit at Niagara Traditions.

Yeah, Niagara Tradition is a great store. The guys in there couldn't be more helpful or nicer. I got a Homebrewing kit there, I can't wait to start. I have a feeling I'll eventually know those guys pretty well.

Welcome to the hobby! to add to birvine's list try to keep your fermenter temperature in the low 60's (basements around here work pretty well). The fermenting beer will usually be 5-8 degrees warmer than the room when the yeasties are really working hard.

Back