New from Bend, Oregon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KeithMon

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm really excited to be homebrewing. I live in Bend, OR where the good beer flows like bad beer. We have some really amazing craft breweries that I have greatly enjoyed (I work a 1/4 mile from Deschutes Brewery and others).

I've been thinking about brewing my own beer for a few years. When I finally realized how simple it was I decided I couldn't stay away anymore.

I like medium to dark beers with clean flavor.

I'm writing about the homebrewing experience. My first brew is a Summit Pale Ale and my second is a Hard Cider. I can't wait to try them!

photo-3-2.jpg

Excellent! I'll give you about 2 more batches before you start putting together your own recipes...then the REAL fun starts! Godspeed in your venture. Make sure to post the results of your brews.

Welcome. you will enjoy this forum, lots of sound advice here. I've been to Bend many times. Used to camp at Tumalo park when I was a kid. I love that area, lots of fun outdoors stuff to do..

Welcome.. you live in a lovely place.. we spend some time there and in Sisters each July. I spent a LOT of time at the Deschutes Brewery this summer enjoying their products. Also the beer trail.. visiting all of the breweries listed. Bought a great trike at Backcountry Recumbents in the old mill area. Stay mostly in Sisters and Redmond as there isn't much we could find in Bend for our RV. Tumalo seemed too crowded for us. Back again next summer. :D :D

Welcome to the hobby and obsession. I live in Bend as well. You should check out the local homebrew club (COHO). A lot of like minded and knowledgable folks. Next meeting is this next Thursday. Cheers.

Welcome to the hobby and obsession. I live in Bend as well. You should check out the local homebrew club (COHO). A lot of like minded and knowledgable folks. Next meeting is this next Thursday. Cheers.

Thanks for the welcome, guys! I'm pretty stoked to try my first beer.

Donk, I'm planning on going. Do I need to be a member before attending?

No, you do not. You can join at the meeting or you can just come and check it out. I guess I will see you there. I am the guy with the unkept beard...hee haw.

Back