new co2 tank - excessive foaming

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

latProd

Reaction score
Hey guys.
Just got a new 6L co2 tank, as I wanted my smaller one for purging kegs and topping up my pressure fermenter, and a bigger one sitting in my kegerator.
It came prefilled, brand new, with food grade co2 in there.
Chain of events: Took my regulator off old tank, attached to the new one and hooked it up.
I did screw up once where I forgot to remove the QD from the keg before disconnecting it from the regulator, so the keg completely depressurized in like 6 seconds.
After that tho, everything was hooked up back to normal (12 psi) , sat there for about 6 hours until the evening, and now there is nothing but foam coming out of there. My tubing is fine and has always worked, I also got a flow control faucet set to the lowest setting, but still, pure foam. I'm a little new to the kegging side of things so I'm super confused. What could have happened? And how can I fix it?
I guess its also worth mentioning The keg is down to the last 1/3 of beer, so probably around 5 liters left in it, give or take. If that makes any difference.
Any help appreciated!

Back