New Brewer - My Keezer Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrianR

Reaction score
I just started brewing in early December. I'm on my fourth 5gal batch. The two i've popped tops on are delicious. I'm totally hooked and, decided to do it right and keg.

Here is the results of my weekend keezer project. 5 cuft freezer. Band is 2x10 so I can fit a pinlock on the hump. She holds 3 kegs tightly. The fan is attached to a duct drawing cold air off the bottom. I get my kegging equipment today. Can't wait to load up my coffee porter and put the carb to it!

Now, I have to decide how to pain/stain it and what accessories to add.

IMG_1405.jpg

IMG_1408.jpg

Cool! On mine I put 2 coats of black chalkboard paint then I can easily write on the lid what the beers are.

Cool! On mine I put 2 coats of black chalkboard paint then I can easily write on the lid what the beers are.

Didn't even know that stuff existed. I been using a dry erase marker. Ill keep this in mind when I start putting mine together. Thank you

Didn't even know that stuff existed. I been using a dry erase marker. Ill keep this in mind when I start putting mine together. Thank you

I picked up a quart at Lowe's but Home Depot will have as well. Black fit my color scheme better than the white freezer and it goes on easy with one of those little rollers.

I got the kit and completed the install yesterday. Coffee porter racked to keg and absorbing sweet sweet CO2 as I type. I actually got a bit drunk on room temperature flat porter last night when I realized that a corny filled to the rim will cause beer to come out of the pressure relief valve when trying to purge oxygen. Nothing that the draining from the liquid line couldn't fix :mug: It had been in secondary for a while, pretty good.

Keezer Complete.jpg

Under the hood.jpg

Nice work dude. Enjoy the new setup and welcome to HBT.

Cheers.

What type and size wood did you use? Did you use some sort of adhesive to attach collar to the freezer?

You can also buy dry erase board paint, same as chalkboard paint but its double the price and I've never seen it applied. It might not work too well on a fridge because of the texture. If one could apply it it might look really sharp in black using neon dry erase colors. I did the chalkboard paint as well and love it, I like the flat black color as well as the utility. It can also be bought in grey and tinted to different colors.

What type and size wood did you use? Did you use some sort of adhesive to attach collar to the freezer?

I used 2x10. The reason being so that I could get the top high enough to sit a third corny keg on the compressor hump. The wood species was just the cheap stuff. (Southern yellow pine i think). I did pick the best piece and side for the front as well as sand it.

I used silicon to attach to top. It is waterproof and adheres to wood + plastic.

Latest posts

Back