New Brewer in Oregon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyanPDX

Reaction score
Hi all, I am new to brewing beer, but not to drinking beer, lol. I have been trolling this site for a while and thought I would sign up so I could ask a few questions. Great site.

Are you in any of the local clubs?

Not yet, only been at this for about 3 months. My wife bought me a kit from the home brew shop in Hillsboro for our anniversary in September. I am on my 3rd batch, but only becasue I ran out of bottles, but have enough for prolly 10 more gallons after this one is done.

Ryan,

I am also new to brewing. How did your first batch turn out? I was a little disappointed in my first batch. It really didn't have the rich flavor I had expected.

Ryan,

I am also new to brewing. How did your first batch turn out? I was a little disappointed in my first batch. It really didn't have the rich flavor I had expected.

My stuff was OK. Nothing I would expect to come from a store or bar, but certainly not bad enough to pour out. I made a Boysenberry Blond that was supposed to be like Ruby from mcmenamins, but I don't think it hit the mark very well. Again, not terrible, but not great either.

I'm in OBC and HoV (Corvallis). The next general OBC meeting is scheduled for Thursday, January 14th at F.H. Steinbart (SE 12th & Pine) at 7:00 PM. If you have something you'd like opinions on, bring it along. Club members can be very helpful. If not, just be there. SWMBO is also welcome, whether or not she helps you brew.

Back