New Brewer in Charlotte, NC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pgordon80

Reaction score
My lovely wife purchased me a brewing setup for Father's Day. My father in law gave me a carboy and a fermenter and I purchased another fermenter. So far I made a Newcastle clone and we opened a few bottles tonight and by god it's fantastic! I have a Milk stout, and 2 hefe's in primaries.

Congrats and welcome to the hobby that will occupy most of your spare thoughts...where at in Charlotte I'm up in Denver iredell brewers united representing here! Good luck let me know if you need any help!

If you are looking for a club, my brother lives there and is part of Carolinas brewmasters. Lots of great brewers, they brought some nice brews to nhc last week.

I'm down around mountain island lake not to far from Denver. I think my wife was tired of my aquarium obsession so she figured I could make beer since admittedly she is the bigger drinker of it than I am. So far it's been a blast, her dad has always done homebrew and a good friend of mine does as well.

Nice my wife works at a Dr office in mt island. So what's the set up you are using?

I just have the single stage brew kit from alternative beverage. Two plastic fermenters and one glass carboy. I use a stainless 32 quart kettle I purchased from the restaurant depot. I don't remember if I mentioned it but my father in law said he was going to stop brewing and give me all his equipment. He has a few glass carboys and a kegging system and kegerator.

Back