New BrewBuilt X1 Uni Pro Fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LD-Ordie

Reaction score
Thats sweet looking ! How does it cool down if its not hooked up to glycol though . I watched the video but all I got was it has 2 fans at the top that kick on.

Yes, here is the full description

First discovered by Jean Charles Athanase Peltier in 1834, the "Peltier Effect" occurs when an electric current runs through a circuit of dissimilar conducting metals. This thermoelectric reaction that happens when the current passes from one metal to the other can produce either cold or heat depending on the direction the current is flowing. It wasn't until NASA began using this technology that it started to gain widespread use. Today, Peltier chips are commonly used in a variety of applications such as cooling computers and small refrigerators. BrewBuilt saw how this could be used for brewing applications, and they've been raising their glass to Jean Peltier ever since.

Wow , thats interesting. I hope you report back with your thoughts on this fv . I'm very curious to see how efficient it is . Congrats or your new beauty of a fv!

I ordered the 7-gallon unitank from MoreBeer and will be returning it. The temp control stopped working after a week and a half. Before that, it did keep the temp within 1 degree of my set point of 63. Although the product description on the website says it can cool up to 30 degrees below ambient temperature, a customer service rep told me in an email that it’s actually just 18 degrees. This was not the problem, though; the ambient temp in my garage didn’t get above 75, but the unitank couldn’t cool it to below 70 after the first week and a half.

I tried to post a review on MoreBeer describing my experience, but they deleted it. I won’t be ordering anything else from them.

Peltier cooling has already been tried in the past and discarded because it's way too weak to be of any use. I'm surprised there are still manufacturers wasting their (and the customer's) time with this.

I ordered the 7-gallon unitank from MoreBeer and will be returning it. The temp control stopped working after a week and a half. Before that, it did keep the temp within 1 degree of my set point of 63. Although the product description on the website says it can cool up to 30 degrees below ambient temperature, a customer service rep told me in an email that it’s actually just 18 degrees. This was not the problem, though; the ambient temp in my garage didn’t get above 75, but the unitank couldn’t cool it to below 70 after the first week and a half.

I tried to post a review on MoreBeer describing my experience, but they deleted it. I won’t be ordering anything else from them.
Yep, caught my eye until I noticed this:
1628874923657.png

Considering my garage is at about 95 right now, this thing won't cut it.

I now have 5 10 gal batch's thru mine and has been working great. The area in my house where it sits is not the coolest at around upper 80's. Temp of my fermenter has not had a problem maintaining 67 degrees. Really like the unit overall

If you are Mike in ABQ your 1 star review of the Brewbuilt X1 is published on the morebeer site along with a couple of replies from the seller.

https://www.morebeer.com/products/b...ium-build-tec-conical-system-placeholder.html

Latest posts

Back