New brew stand and fermentation area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenEnvy22

Reaction score
I built a mobile brew cart this year but found I was always using it in the garage, and then I had a ton of spare lumber from dismantling ours kids doll house. So I decided to make a new area to brew. I also integrated a climate controlled fermentation area. I made it big enough to hold a 32 gallon and 20 gallon brute at the same time. I don't use those large ones for beer, but I do for wine. Currently have 100L of Riesling in secondary in the kegs in the photo.
I'll be mounting my stainless magnetic pump in a couple of days.
The main kettle has a 4500W 240 element, the HLT has a 1500W 120V.
Mash tun is setup with a recirculation system.

Attachments

• IMG_20201206_103210.jpg
    IMG_20201206_103210.jpg
    484.7 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_20201206_103357.jpg
    IMG_20201206_103357.jpg
    460.4 KB · Views: 109
Nice, neat, and almost complete. Do you have a pump? A pump seems essential, so you can keep everything inline like you have it arranged in the picture.

Yep, I have a cheapie right now, but a good magnetic drive stainless head one arriving this week.
Cheapie will be relegated to pumping water from ground level (like filling kettle before strike or HLT) since it's submersible. It says it's food grade and can handle upto 100C water but it's plastic so I don't trust it, hence the new one.
New one will be for handling hot liquids, mash recirc, etc.
I have a 3rd pump, a pond pump, which is for the cooling water to be pumped from a 55gal barrel just outside the garage, through the counterflow.

Back