new bew pot problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeJordan

Reaction score
I've been making beer for a long time and decided to upgrade some of my equipment. I purchased a Kegco 10 gallon brew pot. the problem is that the stem for the thermometer extends too far into the pot and my wort chiller won't clear it. Any quick fix for this?

i'd imagine if it's in the liquid still, it'd be fine? i honestly don't know what the point of a thermometer in a boil kettle would be? if it's boiling you know what temp it is....depending on altitude of course....

Ugh...I see this written so often, but in the era of New England IPAs it's a bit boggling that some find it a mystery.

Forget the boil side of the process, focus on post-boil hop additions (ie: whirlpool hops) and it might become evident why a thermometer on a boil kettle is actually quite useful...

Cheers!

Ugh...I see this written so often, but in the era of New England IPAs it's a bit boggling that some find it a mystery.

Forget the boil side of the process, focus on post-boil hop additions (ie: whirlpool hops) and it might become evident why a thermometer on a boil kettle is actually quite useful...

Cheers!

thanks for clearing that up....i just stick a digital probe in the wort myself.....

edit: music match has been slow, so i creeped out to the brewing section....sorry

LOL, actually it helps to know the temp while chilling.

i just make standard APA's....and am to cheap to use lb's of hops in a beer. and LOL, what are you listening to right now? youtube's doing what it usually does and just giving me the same stuff i heard yesterday! :)

and on a more serious note, and on-topic...if your chiller is copper couldn't you just twist it tighter? if you're only looking for an inch...i know my coil bends and twists without me wanting it to...

Back