New Bern NC Homebrew store

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skwashman

Skwashman
Reaction score
Are there any homebrewers in the New Bern NC area who feel the need for a brew supply store?
I own Carolina Bargain Center at 2500 Trent Rd in New Bern and am thinking about adding a small section for home brew essentials. Would pretty much be grains, Hops, Yeast and some smaller supplies like air locks, hydrometers, caps etc. Just trying to get a feel for if it is worth stocking or not. Any feedback is welcome.

Thanks

I grew up in New Bern but it's been a long time since living there.
I feel like at some point, the restaurant Beer Army was originally a bottle shop on the James City side of the river. Those guys might have some insight into what the homebrew scene is like down there.

Thanks for reply lucianthorr. I have been to Beer Army for a brew or2 but it has been a while. I found out James City has Brutopia and they stock some supplies. I have a small bargain shop and am looking to add different options for different customers. Hate to spend a bunch of money if no interest though.
Happy brewing!!

Hey there,

I think it would be a neat idea. My wife and I live in New Bern, and are currently building up our HB system now. Brutopia has a good amount of grain and hops. Limited yeast strains. Brewery 99 might would purchase from you, as well as us. Maybe you could offer things that Brutopia doesn't have? Cheers, all the best!

I appreciate the reply LuckyDuck
Havent decided as of yet wether its worth the investment or not.
I will certainly post here if I go ahead with it.
Cheers and Happy brewing!!

Back