New Belgian homebrewer living in Vietnam :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elkaybay

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm new on this forum.
I'm a young Belgian engineer who recently quit his office job in order to start a Belgian-Italian restaurant in South-East Asia.
I typically serve imported Belgian beers to my customers, but these are very pricey due to the import taxes.
I will therefore seriously start investing time and money in home-brewing equipment, hoping to soon serve Belgian Trappist clones to my customers :)

I hope to further benefit from your experience very soon,

Have a nice day !

K

Im curious as to the legality and permitting of this. Probably different in Vietnam, but here I think you not only need a license to serve alcohol, but you would need a brewing license to sell beer you brewed to the public. And that comes with a lot of red tape and paperwork. I think your home brewery would be subject to health regulations too, wouldnt it?

Hello Brian,

I'll keep you posted on how it goes, especially if there is anything needed on top of the alcohol license and sanitary checks.

I'm going to contact some of the microbreweries of the country asap.

Have a nice day,

K

Im curious as to the legality and permitting of this. Probably different in Vietnam, but here I think you not only need a license to serve alcohol, but you would need a brewing license to sell beer you brewed to the public. And that comes with a lot of red tape and paperwork. I think your home brewery would be subject to health regulations too, wouldnt it?

Back