New and ready to brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alamovolcano

Reaction score
Hey y'all - new to homebrewing and happy to find this awesome resource of information. My wife got me a Mr Beer kit a couple years ago and brewed a very mediocre lager style beer with that. Fast forward to the pandemic and ordered a couple more kits for that. Brewed one for her, then she got pregnant, and there was a brief period of prohibition at our house. Now that the little one is out, I started back up again. Brewed the IPA kit for the Mr Beer that I ordered and followed a YouTube video on brewing a cider, hydromel, and skeeter pee after the IPA. The cider is in there now. But I wanted more. So I ordered up some things for BIAB and just did my first all grain recipe yesterday, an American Light Lager from the BruSho on YouTube.

Anyway that's my story. Looking forward to many more homebrews. Cheers!

I remember those days. Many of us (including me) started with Mr Beer, and got hooked. Over 13 years later, still at it. Welcome to the addiction. It's a great hobby where you get to enjoy your results, not just look at them like some hobbies.

I remember those days. Many of us (including me) started with Mr Beer, and got hooked. Over 13 years later, still at it. Welcome to the addiction. It's a great hobby where you get to enjoy your results, not just look at them like some hobbies.
Yep! We'll be tasting the kit IPA from the Mr Beer later this week. I threw in a different yeast and some extra Citra hops so we'll see if that helps bump up the flavor profile a bit.

Enjoy the obsession. You found a great site for info & advice. - And be careful, it sounds like your brew-to-kid ratio is about 3 to 1. That could get out of hand real fast. =c)
Hahaha seems like a sustainable ratio...for now

Back