Nestle Ice Cream Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

az_native

Reaction score
So I have a slight problem. I don't know where exactly to route my temperature controller probe. I have this: It was 2 glass top sliding doors. I want to be able to open both sliding doors. One side has my kegs the other is liquor, and bottled beer. Any suggestions? I wonder how far the coils go up the freezer. Thinking of drilling thru the top blue collar.
http://deltaicecream.com/retail/857-2/

I don't have the balls to drill through the walls of any chest freezer...

Too much risk.

Is there a way to build a collar for this particular unit? I'd look into that first.

Edit: Oh wait... didn't read too thoroughly. You should be able to drill through the blue plastic with no issue. I thought we were talking shanks here. I'm stupid.

I actually have the same chest freezer and need to add a collar so I can fit a conical in it. I was wondering if anyone knows how to take the top off to add a collar? any help or ideas would be great. thanks.

Any ideas on how to attack this? I was thinking using a heat gun and start in one corner and start to heat and pry slowly. Any other possible ideas?

I would drill through the plastic collar.
As high as possible, but not to intrude into your sliding glass channels.

Doubtful that the coils go that high.

If in doubt, go on the backside, where it's out of sight, take a Dremel with a small cut off wheel, and remove a small square of plastic, in the outer skin only, and look / dig around in there for clearance issues.

A real Man would just get after it with a drill bit.........:D

Back