Neomexicanus Rhizomes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gometz

Reaction score
I know these are now impossible to find for sale online, but a few years ago you could find the rhizomes of a few varietals online. Does anyone have some they would be willing to trade/sell for?

Greatlakeshops.com sells a few commercially but I'm guessing you don't want that much. If you do though you could order from him. You could maybe email them and see if they would send you 1 plant.

Thanks guys, I signed up at Duluth and haven't heard anything yet.

Got an email from harborhops I ordered Neo1 and I think they have Multihead as well just opened ordering yesterday or today they said in an email about a month ago demand will probably outpace supply. $10 a piece for neo1 and Multihead

I tried ordering from their site the other day but the site kept having errors and I was unable to checkout. Earlier today, they had an email listed to contact them for ordering. Now there is absolutely nothing.
Just emailed them regarding the situation and availability.

I ordered this morning and got a confirmation email might wanna keep trying in case it comes back up

I was able to place my order finally after trying a different link on harbor hop's site. Ordered 2 multihead and 2 neo1. Excited!

Nice, me too I hope Hopstalker is able to get some after posting the link I've been trying to get these for a couple years and Sierra Nevadas Wild Hop last year with Neo impressed me

My multihead and neo1 rhizomes arrived today. Can't wait to get them planted. Great lakes really added a lot of new varieties, even better selection now.

Great Lake Hops has individual Neomexicana crowns for sale now.
Amalia
Neo1
Willow Creek

I've used their crowns in the past. They've taken off great for 1st year plants with 3/3 succeeding.

Good look on the Willow Creek. I saw them at Great Lakes last year, but the minimum order was 250. I was already able to get my hands other three (Multihead, Neo1, and Amalia). Just ordered two of the Willow Creeks.

Just heard from Duluth yesterday, their Neo1 and Multiheads did not survive the winter.

I live in southwest Texas no danger of that here been trying to get Neo for a while as I'm hoping it'll grow in the heat. The soil is bad though so got this one in a pot/storage container. Hoping if it makes it through the summer I can harvest some rhizomes and put a few more pots out as I'm sure the containers will limit my yield and try one or two in the ground.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1459464513.073340.jpg

Just heard from Duluth yesterday, their Neo1 and Multiheads did not survive the winter.

I got the same email. I think Harbor Hops was their supplier, so some made it through the winter. I'm guessing it was more of an issue of supply and demand.

Also, these just came in the mail :D

thumb_IMG_1226_1024.jpg

My Willow Creek seems to be growing the best out of the three varieties, Neo1 is slightly behind, followed by the Amalia. Neo1 has a few small cones on it so far. Crushing one between my fingers, it has a mush more lemon note to it than the cascade and chinook hops. It is noticeably different in its vegetal aroma as well.

Dumping some pictures:
6EjGw5khbcZddiqsaxPugoSCpTbV2AHbBZeBer9dkHs4kF49XA8Po9Z7NDmYPFjO0k9rKXl0y-VZMQ=w875-h1555-no

pBk3DNuoYT_TaUuCOtkARG1wlmuZdwk9OOZmChyrrdbkRtBxVPavIIYRC28J7_QM-oTKeoTtfT8dAQ=w875-h1555-no

j9Splor7oKCf1MxrnGYi8ByXEL6sGrg42csPV9bb15zZEtMlgDTTvZLMfWkhDlyix4Y_-T6GS2RfDA=w875-h1555-no

OIeBjWLZnbuygyQfIg9jlxiZZNmYe4KXFm2-AKeUiFVkCUZjadjM-49Y7fB7Cxj59bTcuthI90eFAA=w875-h1555-no

G1362mt_nBgsu7oHfIuii8p_tqtLoiSzdFiAcz_gxWViQz0M9ei2WDAXUeMihYFgiw8D0HQm3Y13LA=w875-h1555-no

eXlSgVo_jcfGruJBwRSMe6TC2JvjKFFzWYqi4invlMQkFXg2F2G_NkTSV4VClstH1qI8K5haDTQ1gg=w875-h1555-no

Last edited:
I am looking for some Multihead rhizomes/plants as well, but Great Lakes is sold out. Anyone else have any leads? Thank you.

Wait for spring, they’ll have more. I gave away the extra rhizomes from my crowns when I dug them up to move them

Would anyone be willing to sell or trade multihead rhizomes? I'm in Canada and can't find any store who will ship across the border.

Cheers!

I know this is a long shot... But anyone got any cuttings, or rhizomes they are either willing to part with or for sell? I am in Texas.

Last edited:
Starting with seeds ?

I mean at this point and time I am willing to give it a shot. However I was able to find some plant from sell by some one and I bought two of them. I am very interested in the Neomexicanus due to them appearing to have a good shot in my area, and there roots so to speak being close to here.

Back