NEIPA/Citrusy/Fruity Hops to grow

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewingChip

Reaction score
Looking to grow some hops that could eventually be used in a NEIPA, or fruity tasting IPA. Just started growing hops last summer and had centennial, cascade and chinook. I know I can’t get my hands on any citra, Amarillo, or mosaic to grow, but any suggestions on what I could grow that might be close to mimicking these?

Great Lakes Hops seems to have about the best variety of hop plants: Shop for Hops Plants Now

The Chinook I am growing here in Virginia have been very pineapple heavy, and I could see throwing them into a NEIPA style beer. As far as other varieties? I am growing Tahoma, which seems like a decent IPA hop. After 2 years I have not gotten any yield off that plant though. :( Maybe Cashmere? You could dig more into their "Heritage Collection" varieties.

Thanks! I am going to grow an additional round of centennial, cascade and chinook and am going to give cashmere a shot and see where that goes. I’m realizing it might be hard to have a wide variety of quality hops that I’m able to grow that would work well in a NEIPA, but many of those hops would work great in IPA’s and other styles.

Back