Need Help Finding Shank Hardware

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HickoryMike

Reaction score
So I need the nut seen here:

http://www.kegworks.com/product.php?productid=16731&source=nextopia

The thought of paying more than $9 (including shipping) for a single nut makes me want to kick a baby (not really, but you get the idea). I spent about 30 minutes in Lowes' plumbing section scanning the compression fittings for this part, but came up empty.

Any idea where I could pick this up much cheaper?

For those that don't know, this nut attatches the 90 degree gooseneck into the compression fitting that's on the back of the shank.

You might try auto parts stores I don't have much experience with towers but it looks like the nuts are the same fastenal would be another place to look.

Although it does compress the rubber grommet, the part you want is probably not labeled as a compression fitting. You might find a plug that fits the threads on the shank but most likely it won't have a hole in the center for the barb stem. You could drill it yourself but you would need to be exactly on center. I think you're going to have to buy that specialty part from a beverage related shop. There has to be something else you need to make up for the shipping cost.

Rapids Wholesale, ftw.

Or MoreBeer, if you can tolerate them, $50 orders get free shipping. There has GOT to be other things you need or want.

Back