NEED ADVICE - Kitchen beer taps & chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mangiant

Reaction score
I've thought about putting beer taps in my kitchen for a while now, but assumed SWMBO would outright deny it. Well last week I ran the idea past her via email with a picture, and she said "Yeah, that'd be cool!" :tank:

So anyway, now I'm real excited. Been reading a few threads here. Here's what I've decided on for sure:

-2 faucet tower
-Insulated trunk line (I have no interest in air cooling)
-My kegerator will be in basement, probably needing 15ft of line total.

I went to a local commercial beverage dispensing place today that has a bunch of used stuff. Picked out a simple tower etc.

They have a used commercial chiller there, a reasonably small 18"x18" unit that's been repaired. He's offered me a package deal that contains the following - I need your input on whether this is worthwhile, or whether I should try the "pond pump in a bucket" or some other mechanism!

NOTE: I don't have access to any used AC or dehumidifier units.

Everything below is used, except the faucets and trunk line
-Dual faucet basic chrome tower
-2 NEW perlick Perl 545 adjustable faucets
-Heat exchanger for tower
-15ft of 2-line trunk line (2 glycol, 2 beverage)
-2x wall mount male/male connectors for keg connections
-Refurb commercial chiller. He claims it'd do like 30ft of 8-beverage lines.

All that for $650. Worth it? He said price w/o chiller would be $200-250

He's prepping the tower/etc now, I'll be heading back Friday. I need your advice before then please!

Thanks,

alex

While you could build a chiller yourself for less, you'll need something stronger than a pond pump with your kegerator in the basement. Based on what I recall pricing in the past , 400 for a glycol chiller isn't horrible.

Back