need a recipe with my current ingredients

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grrtt78

Reaction score
i ordered some ingredients off of the internet a while back. i found a homebrew store and they got me off on the right foot. i made two batches, both brown ale and now my ingredients came in the mail and i have no idea what i was planning to make with them. i have four pounds of alexanders liquid pale malt extract(i know i need more) 1 3/4 oz fuggles hops 4.2%, 1 ounce columbus 14.8%, and 6 grams muntons dry yeast. any ideas on what to make?

You've got the base for just about any ale you want. Add a couple more pounds of extract and maybe a half pound of crystal, columbus bitter and fuggle flavor and aroma, and you have a pale ale. Add some black patent and chocolate to it, maybe a half pound each, and you have a porter. Sub roasted barley for the black patent and you'll get a stout.

you could use 1/4 of your columbus at 60min and add your fuggles at 15 minutes to make 2.5gal of a decent IPA.

Or use all your columbus and double the malt for a slightly stronger (but still in style) IPA.

I don't have experience with fuggles but the columbus can give a nice background bitterness if you boil it the full 60 minutes.

Back