Need a new propane grill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had a Weber Genesis 1000 grill for over 10 yrs until the inner parts kept rusting, that it became too expensive to keep. The outer shell would have lasted another 20 yrs, and in hindsight wished I would have kept it. Not 2 hrs after we put it down our lane for the next day's trash pickup did someone come by and take it. For the last 2-3 yrs we've been using a Char-Broil InfaRed grill that we bought at Lowes... It will get replaced next year with a $700 - $1,200 Weber grill, but about 2-3 months ago I bought some Grill Grate https://www.grillgrate.com replacement grates and should get this season out of it. I could see using these grates on my Blichmann or Banjo burners... The Char-Broil burners are pretty rusted and electric starter no longer works. Will never buy Char-Broil again.

Update:

The afterburner has been doing a great job for most of what we do, but I still need something for chicken, fish, etc. I was handed a handmade certificate by the kids for "One Grill" on Father's Day. I looked things over one more time, and decided the Weber Genesis II e-210 (retail $499) would be the one. After a little research, I found there was a possibility of getting a price break after the summer, so I decided to wait a bit. Last week, doing a price search, I found on Amazon, in their Warehouse Deals, a 'Used-Very Good' grill with 'Minor imperfections top, side, back. Original packaging.' Only $316! Having had very good luck with such things on Amazon before, I ordered it. It arrived yesterday, I moved the box to the porch for assembly, opened it up, and found this inside:

kCcUY6Rl.jpg

Yep, someone put a broken, dirty microwave, spray painted flat black, into a grill box and returned it to Amazon for refund. Apparently, no one at the Amazon Warehouse actually looked in the box before describing it and posting it for re-sale!

Oh well, back it goes, on to another price search.

Man sorry to hear. That has never happened to me either, but we all hear about it. Those new webber genesis are nice. I thought they were closer to 700.

All's well that ends well. Got my veteran's discount on the same brand new Genesis II E-210 delivered to a Lowes in tax-free Delaware, so effectively got the $499 retail grill for $419. Works as advertised, look forward to using it the next ten years! Now to figure out how to clone the DFH Beer to Drink Music By '17 I bought last night, it is a good sipper.

Back