Need a blonde ale recipe for the beach!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

zonabb

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
90
Reaction score
0
OK, aside from my wife and I, the rest of the family that heads to the Outer Banks in July is beer illiterate. We usually imbide on tons of Corona on the beach due to the amount we can pound. Anyway, I'm looking to take something these clowns can drink that will be good, but not overpower their Bud-drenched beer sensibilities.

Would prefer something with grains or even a partial mash.
 

Desert_Sky

Since 1998
Joined
Mar 8, 2006
Messages
4,249
Reaction score
201
Location
Boulder
<----


look in my recipes


oops didnt even notice this was in the extract forum. I can do the conversion for you to extract when I get home unless someone else beats me to it
 
OP
Z

zonabb

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
90
Reaction score
0
Well, if I had ProMash or some other method of convering an AG to extract I'd be set! There was a recipe from EdWort called Haus Ale or something but that too was AG.

If anyone can convert, please post!

Also, can I assume these will mature quickly?
 

BeachBumDeac

Active Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2008
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Where do you go on the Outer Banks? I have a place in Southern Shores... also looking for something to brew to take down there with my group over Fourth of July...
 

JustMrWill

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2007
Messages
366
Reaction score
2
Location
North Attleboro
zonabb said:
Well, if I had ProMash or some other method of convering an AG to extract I'd be set! There was a recipe from EdWort called Haus Ale or something but that too was AG.

If anyone can convert, please post!

Also, can I assume these will mature quickly?

You can get an evaluation version from their website...is limited..but you could try it before you buy it...Beersmith has a free 21 day evaluation also...

-JMW
 
OP
Z

zonabb

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
90
Reaction score
0
We head to Rodanthe, halfway between Nags Head and Hatteras (the lighthouse). Awesome and not crowded at all.

Thanks for the ProMash info and extract breakdowns. Awesome.
 

Desert_Sky

Since 1998
Joined
Mar 8, 2006
Messages
4,249
Reaction score
201
Location
Boulder
my parents had a cottage in Cape Hatteras many years ago. Too bad I never got to go down there when I was of age.


As for the blonde, Jamil has a pretty good podcast covering this very style.
 

Surfman

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2008
Messages
131
Reaction score
1
Location
winnabow, nc
BeachBumDeac said:
Where do you go on the Outer Banks? I have a place in Southern Shores... also looking for something to brew to take down there with my group over Fourth of July...

.:off: i also have a place in southern shores, i was there last week, it snowed
 
OP
Z

zonabb

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
90
Reaction score
0
Surfman said:
.:off: i also have a place in southern shores, i was there last week, it snowed
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the "Southern Shores" on the northern most end of the Outer Banks?!!:confused:

No matter, it's a great place to be!!!
 

Surfman

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2008
Messages
131
Reaction score
1
Location
winnabow, nc
zonabb said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the "Southern Shores" on the northern most end of the Outer Banks?!!:confused:

No matter, it's a great place to be!!!

corolla is the northern most but southern shores is close. if youre there check out outer banks brewing station and chips wine and beer
 

BeachBumDeac

Active Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2008
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Surfman said:
corolla is the northern most but southern shores is close. if youre there check out outer banks brewing station and chips wine and beer
or get some Weeping Radish beer... good stuff.

Does Brewing Station make their own brews?
 

njnear76

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2007
Messages
816
Reaction score
3
Location
Middlesex,NJ
Chimone said:
As for the blonde, Jamil has a pretty good podcast covering this very style.
How is that one? I was planning on making it this weekend. Apparently it is close to a lager in taste, which would be good for a lot of people who aren't fond of my Porter and Stouts.
 
Top