Name the hops and adjunct or old commercial beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blueflint

Reaction score
We all grew up drinking one of the old well known (but usually regional) name brand beers...Hudepohl, Wiedemann, Pabst, Strohs, Blatz, Shlitz...etc, etc, etc. Now...from what we know now and what we remember from the "old days"...what did each of them use and an adjunct (rice or corn) and what was the hops they used (well...the pinch of hops used)?

I remember Schoenling used Saaz hops and corn as an adjunct.

What does everyone remember about their favorite "growing up" beer?

Anyone?

Tony

I don't have anything of value to add; but, I am interested in the responses. :mug:

I tried getting ahold of Stroh's about their old bock beer that was popular when I was young. They're still pretty tight lipped about it. I tried e-mail...might have to call next time. I told then I was a home brewer & just wanted to reproduce it for myself.

No one have anything to add?

I remember on an old Burger Beer can (Cincinnati) at one time they listed the ingredients and it specifically listed "brewers corn grits". I don't remember which hops they used as I only remember drinking one Burger beer back in the 1980's...but I would guess it was Hallertau.

Anyone else?

Back