My Thermapen arrived!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave5155

Reaction score
Received my new thermapen last night:ban:. Luckily I'm brewing tonight so it came just in time. I can't wait to use it. I've been taking the temp of everything i can think of in the meantime though. I don't think I can ever go back to a regular thermometer again. I cashed in my capital one credit card rewards for amazon gift certificates so as far as I'm concerned it was free.

Nice... I got a Thermapen for christmas. It's been great so far. I use it for cooking, grilling, bbqing as well as brewing. Hope you enjoy your's just as much as I do!

The one thing I will warn you about is how easy it is to drop the thing. Last weekend, mine slipped out of my hand over a bucket of sanitizer solution, and it reminded me of one of those basketball shots that hits the rim and bounces around for what seems like forever, until it either sinks into the basket, or falls back off the rim. Fortunately for me, it wasn't a basket, but it was quite a scare.

yeah, I can see how it would be easy to drop. I was holding on to it for dear life. I was trying to figure out a way to attach a wrist strap to it. It does work great though. I'm more than pleased with it. Thanks for the heads up.

Back