My Recent Story with Kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tv219

Reaction score
So, I just wanted to share my recent events with kegging. I feel extremely lucky, grateful and excited about it.

To begin, I kept telling my wife I wanted to get a kegerator for Christmas (few weeks before then my old mini fridge went dead) and the price for the danby chill an tap was $399 at walmart online.

Low an behold my wife and mother teamed up and got the kegerator for me!! for my birthday 3 days after christmas. I followed the shipping points and picked up the kegerator when it came in. When I brought it home I found out that it was missing the CO2 tank, tower, taps, lines. Pretty much just the fridge was in the box.:mad: I called walmart and they recommended bringing it back.

The thing was I couldnt take it back for a few days because I had to borrow a truck pick it up. So they sent out a replacement. HERE's where it gets tricky, in the process of transporting it "got lost" and they AUTOMATICALLY refunded the money. Even before I had the chance to take back the original fridge. My mind was automatically thinking free fridge but my conscious got to me and I wanted to take it back regardless. :(

When I got there The woman at walmart told me I was already refunded and that I was an idiot for not trying to keep it. She wouldnt take it back and told me to take it home. :rockin:

So essentially I got a free kegerator fridge11:rockin: and with most of the parts from my previous kegerator (co2 tank, lines, etc) I decided to use the $400 dollars to go in on a dual tap tower with perlick taps for ($131) :tank:

This was an ordeal since december 28 and now almost a month later have just about completed the kegerator.

Just installed the taps and tower today!!!!:mug:

(Last two pictures are of a gasket/ o ring that came in the bag with the tap handle, i am clueless as to where this sits in with the handle or faucet setup, any ideas? I looked up diagrams but did not figure out where to place it, didnt seat right or look right)

IMG_1829.jpg

IMG_1830.jpg

IMG_1832.jpg

IMG_1837.jpg

IMG_1838.jpg

Ha ha nice. Why couldn't I have that happen to me. I mean it was a pain in the ass I bet but in the end it worked out good for you.

[...](Last two pictures are of a gasket/ o ring that came in the bag with the tap handle, i am clueless as to where this sits in with the handle or faucet setup, any ideas? I looked up diagrams but did not figure out where to place it, didnt seat right or look right)

Could it be the o-ring that would go between a Sanke coupler and a swivel nut/barb for the beer line?

Cheers!

Yes, that is the washer that goes on the sanke for the beer line. You don't need it if you are using corney kegs.

Bad ars man. Sometimes good things happen. I went to the gas pump the other day and the pump was saying select gas and begin fueling before I even ran my card. Could have got free has but I figured I'd probably get in a fatal accident pulling out of the lot so I went to the kiosk and said pump 7 finished. Paid, pumped and still alive!! Lol. Good on ya. Instant reward for being honest. Nice!!

Awesome. And it's Walmart, so I wouldn't feel too bad about it. Although, I'd have done the same thing you tried.

Back