My Last Extract Batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steppenwolph

Reaction score
Dudes! I have just completed brewing my last extract batch of beer. It will be excellent, I hope. I just pitched yeast on this *****, an 'imperial brown ale,' with an OG of 1.082. I have a recently purchased 15" false bottom from Jaybird for my mash tun and my boil kettle. Today, I did a partial mash with about six pounds of grain, and everything went so well. My system performed as hoped, with the false bottoms in both keggles, and I am just so pleased. This was a partial mash, but I did go a little overboard with all the grains. The recipe is posted here (you may need to scroll down a bit.) I am just so happy with how the whole process went. Everything went so smooth. Mash temps right on. and a new 1/4 barrel fermenter to hold six gallons of wort that newly rehydrated Nottingham yeast, two packs, are starting to chew their way through as I type this now. It is a good feeling. to put this batch to bed. And to know that I shall never again be paying the highway robbery that is the price of extract. That is what is best in life. To crush one's grains, to see one's costs driven before him, and to hear the lamentation of their pricing guns. This is good.

Back