My last beer for a while...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
I just drank my last beer for a while.. I start back lifting and training tomorrow. I hope my back holds up..... Gonna be the time to brew some BIG beers!!!

12oz curls aren't enough to keep in shape? :)

I've noticed that the homebrew does pack on pounds quick. I've weighed 177 for about 10 years, never more, never less. After about 4 months of drinking homebrew, with some BMC still in the mix, I am now 185 for the first time in my life. But it's summer now, and I sweat a LOT more at work, so it should be coming off pretty quick, I hope...

I also quit drinking last night, just before brushing my teeth and going to bed. Don't worry, as I'm on vacation this week I promptly started drinking around three o'clock!

I just drank my last beer for a while.. I start back lifting and training tomorrow. I hope my back holds up..... Gonna be the time to brew some BIG beers!!!

OK, just this once, I will be willing to have your beer shipped to me so you can continue brewing but will not be tempted to drink it:D

My 15 y/o daughter told me tonight that I should run 1 mile for every bottle of beer I brew. As a rookie I have only bottled 58 bottles... but I am definitely looking into kegs :D.

I started lifting and running in the mornings about 6 weeks ago because of homebrew. i limit myself to 1 or 2 beers a day, except on the weekends, and really watch what i eat. So far i havent had any trouble eating within my calorie budget and have room for a beer or two at the end of the day. Ive read that after working out your metabolism gets a big boost for an hour or two, so i also take the dog on a 1 or 2 mile walk before sitting down to a beer. Take a look at this:

http://www.livestrong.com/myplate/

It only takes a couple minutes to put in whatever you eat, and i manually put in the calories for my homebrew based off what beersmith says. You can also put in your workout activity and it will tell you how many calories you burned.

+1 on that nootay. I used fitday.com for a while. It's imperitive you keep track of what you eat. Estimating just doesnt cut it.

If your concerned and dont wish to cut back what you drink, calculate the calories into your diet and make sure they replace the calories you would have ate for food.

Eat 500 calories below your basal metabolic rate (check here: http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/ ) and eat 500 calories less than that a day, and you will lose 1lb of fat a week. Or you will have 3,500 calories worth of beer to drink per week. Work out, eat protein, and you are set!

same here. next monday is the last day i'll have more than 1 beer a week until after august. 10 minute jump rope sessions will end ANY craving you might have for a beer

Latest posts

Back