My Keezer Build! (Still in progress)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaredriesel

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've been hard at work on my keezer build this week, and I thought I'd share what I've done. I should preface this by stating I've never, ever worked with a single piece of wood before, nor have I any experience with tools. So, it's been a learning process!

I decided to build I pretty simple 4-tap keezer, with the only woodwork being the collar, and bought a 7.1 cu ft freezer on sale to work with.

The collar is made of pine (not the most durable, but I got a nice "premium" pressurized something-or-other on sale, and since I was just painting I decided to go with it. I used high gloss black spray paint on the outside, and had a large piece of foam insulation cut up at Lowes.

On the top I lightly sanded it, primed it, and applied several coats of spray chalkboard paint (still drying). I sealed all open gaps with clear weatherproof silicone. There were some larger spots due to imperfect cutting with my mediocre multi-tool saw blade. I think it'll be ok though :mug: I also adhered the collar to the freezer with silicone. A 19" drip tray is on the way, which will sit on epoxied l-brackets.

Overall I'm really pleased with the result! Here are some pictures. Sorry, didn't document the actual building process:

keezer1.JPG

keezer2.JPG

keezer3.JPG

keezer4.JPG

The only thing I wish were different at this point is the height of the taps. I kind of have to bend down to hold a glass under a tap. I'd like to build a wheeled stand for the unit, but don't know where to begin. Can anyone link me to an easy guide to building a keezer cart? I know I could do it with some 2x4s and some brackets and casters, but I don't know what kind, etc.

The only thing I wish were different at this point is the height of the taps. I kind of have to bend down to hold a glass under a tap. I'd like to build a wheeled stand for the unit, but don't know where to begin. Can anyone link me to an easy guide to building a keezer cart? I know I could do it with some 2x4s and some brackets and casters, but I don't know what kind, etc.

that's all you need. I got 1 12' 2x4, and four 7$, 3" casters at lowes. its pretty simple. i didn't use brackets, rather cross beams from leftover 2x4 from the original frame.

And does the keezer just sit nicely on top of this? I don't think I've got the know-how to have it sort of "nest" inside of it. I've been looking for threads that mention this type of thing, but I'm not sure what to call it. Keezer cart? Thanks for your help!

I'm pleased to present my nearly finished keezer! I managed to convince the wife to let me keep it inside :rockin:

Simple, yet functional design. All I need now is a co2 tank!

keezer5.JPG

Latest posts

Back