My first taste of my first Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well honestly like many I probably expected it to taste like poo, but in good fashion it appears I did it pretty much correctly :mug:

It was the Mr Beer Bewitched Red Ale.

Color and carbonation where much better than I expected using the Mr Beer kit without much guidance but the instructions. The flavor was a little lighter than what I usually drink but considering its only a week and 3 days of bottle conditioning (im impatient) and using corn sugar as a booster vs all malt I was quite happy and definitely better than most store bought beer. My wife and I have already finished off the first 2 liters :rockin:

I think Im hooked .

536600_10100826963026519_25811033_51968052_1115545859_n.jpg

It was much better than I expected since I did not do much to control temperature other than the ac in the first floor. I just wish I had put more than 2 liters in the fridge...I have 3 in there now so in a couple more days Ill be drinking those. My second batch I used an Igloo cooler I usually take camping, a 10 dollar digital thermometer, and some ice packs. It been in fermenting about 5 days its a cherry chocolate stout style beer.

you should do your best to wait it out a few weeks (3 would be nice). I know how hard it is, I still struggle with impatience myself, but it's soooooo worth it.

Give it some more time it should get better, definatly save some at least over a month or two(see what ya think)maybe even clearer.Glad it turned out good.Many of those kits do seem to be pretty light abv.Try using the all malt booster next time to compare maybe,and see what you think.Let em sit and brew another in the mean time.The possibiltiies are endless.

Yeah my second batch it all malt and Im planning on not drinking the first one for 2 months at least after bottling since its a cherry chocolate stout. My third is a cherry wheat itll go in the fermenter after this one, but ill need to get more bottles.

Back